Thursday, January 22, 2009

Murmuring...

I must admit that after this week, I'm in the murmuring mood. I wish people understood the tremendous toll having a Bishop in the house takes on a family. He misses much of our lives because he's either on the phone or gone to a meeting or visiting someone.

If people truly knew how we have literally sacrificed Mark for this period of time and how it affects our kids and the relationship between Mark and I, they would spend a little less time criticizing, a little more time solving their own problems and a few more hours on their own callings. All of those things would have given us back HOURS of time this week.

I can't wait for a new week. I'm over this one and it's only Thursday night. I shall go repent immediately, but sometimes, I need to wallow for just a minute in my murmurings.

Next time you pick up the phone to dial the Bishop's house, pause and reflect on whether or not he TRULY needs to be involved in whatever you're calling him for. Is there a home teacher, visiting teacher, quorum leader or friend who can help you, instead? I know every Bishop's family in the church would appreciate that little reflection before you dial.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does it seem that the more money we make the more we as a society become inept? I'm serious...Our ward has a lot of people that make good money but have become so inept to their own problem solving skills...As if they have to buy someone to do it for them.. It bugs me to no end ..I spend so much time repenting to our Heavenly Father about this for "judging"..This has got me to thinking even more about the story you posted earlier about the different wards and demographics of needing money. With this recesion you would think it would bring people closer together and get back to their bare roots. Remember what we were taught when we were young..Remember how are families trecked out to Utah..Remember how they pulled together during harsh winter months, and droubt filled summers. But for some it has just sent them into a further panic and have become more inept..
I have been praying strongly daily that there are more days that Mark is able to spend more time with you and the boys and less time, wiping the noses of those that seem to forgot how. (I'm judging again..I need to go get on my needs and repent again)

Abbey Chase said...

Kim,
I love reading your blog! I want you to know how much I appreciate the sacrifices you and the boys make so your ward can have such a wonderful bishop.
There have been many times over the last 10 years that I pulled out a letter Mark wrote me when he was the bishop in Lynden. I'm sure I wasn't easy on either of you, but you'll never know how far your love and patience has gone.
I hope you have a better week next week!
Love,
Abbey