Sunday, May 16, 2010

LDS.org - New Era Article - Are Mormons Christians?

I loved this book when it came out several years ago. I recently had a discussion with some people about this very thing. They used the closed cannon of Scripture argument. When I pointed out that the book of Revelations was written BEFORE some of the gospels and therefore discredited those books with the same scripture they were using to dismiss the Book of Mormon, they got strangely quiet.

They also said that it was clear that there were to be no more prophets to the world. How strange to me. My Heavenly Father loves me as much as he did the people in ancient times and, given the state of the world, we need prophets more now than ever. I can't imagine God leaving us to our own devices.

LDS.org - New Era Article - Are Mormons Christians?

No comments: