Thursday, December 18, 2008

Acting like Brothers and Sisters

We usually arrive quite early to church on Sunday. Parking is a premium so we get their early to get a good spot. So, I get to watch 95% of the ward come into the chapel each week. I LOVE the interaction that happens during that time and even during Sacrament meeting.

We are a noisy ward - I know our Stake President is disappointed at the level of noise before Sacrament meeting and even during it. We need to work on speaking softly to each other. But, what I also see is people lovingly greeting one another each week.

Then, when the meeting starts, I see lots of baby passing, smiling, silly faces, children going to sit with "surrogate grandparents" and people sliding forward a bench or two to watch little children when a mother has to take a baby out. It just happens every week and I love it. It shows that ward members truly care for each other.

I am so grateful for the good people in our ward. I believe that through service given to each other, we grow closer together. Our reward for that is love and charity towards one another which increases the likelihood that we will do our visiting and home teaching which then adds an increase of charity and love towards those we serve.


4 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

So true!! Couldn't agree with you more!

Anonymous said...

Wishing You, Mark, and the boys (N and D) a very Merry Christmas. We miss you very much and hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

I am in young woman's wanting to return to chuch...Could you please write a post on the appropriate clothing to wear to church. I want to come back with minimal drama and drawing inappropriate attention to myself. Are denim skirts appropriate? What should the neck line be? Can I wear skirts and tops instead of dresses? is it required I wear hose or can I be bare legged?

Kim said...

Hi Anonymous!

I'm glad you want to return to church. It's simple to blend in - make sure your top has sleeves and doesn't show a lot of cleavage and you'll be more comfy if your skirt goes at least to your knees. You can wear a dress or a skirt and top. Denim is fine unless it's really grungy. If the Savior was going to be there that day, how would you dress? That's a good rule to go by. I would do my best to look my best.

Let me know if I can help you in any way!