Monday, October 6, 2008

There's Disco in Vernal

We spent last week in Utah making arrangements for and attending Mark's brother's funeral. It was a wonderful celebration of his life.

We had a nice time visiting with all of Mark's siblings - including his brother who lives in Cambodia.

One of our nephews (who is like 4 years old) is probably going to be the new Weird Al Yankovic. He has some weird ability to connect music to EVERYTHING in his life. He connects it in hysterical ways.

For instance, he got a nose bleed at Stake Conference several months back and when his mother took him to the bathroom to clean him up, he started bellowing, "I KEEP BLEEDING! I KEEP, KEEP BLEEDING LOVE!" (by Leona Lewis). I wish I could remember more of the stories his parents tell us about him and music. Every time they tell us one, I always say, "I hope you're writing these down!"

It should be noted that this family lives in Roosevelt, UT - which isn't too far from Vernal. Well, recently, they were cruising along in the family mini van and this little tot says he wants to go to Vernal to the Disco. And, his father says, "DISCO? How do you even know that word? And why do you say you want to go to Vernal?"

So, the kid broke out into song to explain his desire to go to Vernal to the Disco...

"Burn, baby, burn, there's a Disco in Vernal!"

Now you'll never be able to hear that song again without hearing these lyrics!

1 comment:

Musicmom-Amy said...

Baaahhhaaa!!! Now I won't be able to get that song out of my mind all day either.