Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's Tithing Settlement time...

We'll miss him...

Tithing settlement means that we don't see Mark until about mid-December. It really messes with our schedules. We can't plan anything Tues-Thurs nights and Sunday evenings for the next month.

My advice is to sign up as soon as you can. The entire Bishopric including the executive secretary and the ward financial clerk are tied up with this until it's done. There are half a dozen families on hold through a busy and festive time of year. As it was, I made Mark cancel everything on Wednesday night so we can take our family to see The Forgotten Carols here in town.

I'm not complaining, I'm just doing a PSA for Bishops - go early and fill in the holes so their time is used efficiently.

I asked Mark how the church expects Bishops to get everything done that is asked of them and he said, "I think they only call Bishops for 5-6 years because they know they will literally wear them out in that time. You work as hard as you can during that time knowing you'll never get it all done no matter what you do. In the meantime, you age about 10 years just with the trying."

I think the time table is also based on the fact that a woman can be patient for only so long... :-)


1 comment:

Musicmom-Amy said...

There's a benefit for being a Branch President rather than a Bishop of a ward ~ Tithing settlement only 2 days a week. Wednesday night and Sundays. See, you should have NEVER moved ;D But now the Branch President is living in your old house. I love that!