Monday, August 11, 2008

The Laws of Physics

Let me preface this by saying that N is a highly capable child. I say this not to brag, but to add insult to injury in the story I'm about to tell.

We have a small trampoline in our back yard (as many LDS families do). Our boys have almost outgrown it but they can jump on it one at a time. D came running in the house one day to tell me that his brother was hurt "really bad". I ran outside (okay, I walked - "really bad" often means nothing) to find N laying on the ground holding his head. Beside him is a rather large flat boulder (not a rock, but a boulder). I said, "What happened?!" Through tears he said, "I was jumping on the trampoline holding the rock over my head and it hit me on the head." It took me a few seconds to compose myself enough to say, "Oh, how bad are you hurt." I'm glad he was still lying on the ground holding his head and couldn't see me struggling not to burst out laughing. When I determined he would live and that the top of his head wasn't as flat as the boulder, I bolted for the back door and burst into laughter the minute I got in the house.

Gravity... it will get you every time.

Later, I let Mark explain how holding a heavy rock over your head while jumping on the trampoline was not a good idea. Isaac Newton would have laughed, too.

1 comment:

Musicmom-Amy said...

Baaahhhaaaa!! Only from Mr. N :D Glad he's okay.