Wednesday, August 13, 2008

White Shirts and Zipper Ties

Since my boys have entered nursery at church at 18 months, they have worn a white shirt to church. Sometimes the tie doesn't make it to church with us, but the white shirt always does.

Such a simple thing to do. White shirts are like $8 at Walmart and nice slacks are about $10. It doesn't cost very much, but it make a huge difference in the way they feel about Sunday.

My boys know that Sunday is different - they do different things, they wear different clothes. They also know that white shirts are the "Uniform of the Priesthood" and that dad has never worn any other color to church. I believe it's part of the "train up a child the way he should go..." philosophy. Sunday clothes and activities are different - it's a day of worship and there is something to "Sunday Best" at our house. And, those little zipper ties are WAY COOL!


3 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

Thumbs up!!! And do I have a tie for you guys. David is long waisted and his zipper tie is too short now. Makes me sad.

Kim said...

You can get zipper ties for me!

Kim said...

Sorry - for MEN, not ME